2 pounds carrots
1/2 cup hemp Seed
4 garlic cloves, pressed
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or any heat stable oil
2 cups quinoa,
3 1/2 cups water
3 green onions, chopped
Chopped fresh basil, oregano, thyme
Salt and pepper
1. Bring water to a boil and add the rinsed quinoa. Allow to boil for three or four minutes, cover and reduce heat until water is absorbed, approximately ten minutes. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss carrots with olive oil and garlic. Roast on the baking sheet for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Toast hulled hemp seeds on a dry skillet heated to medium high. Toss continuously until lightly browned.
5. Toss carrots, hemp seeds and quinoa with lemon, green onion and herbs. Allow to fully chill and serve at room temperature.